How heat pumps work ?
A heat pump is a reverse cycle air conditioner, which means the system both heats and cools. Heat pumps work in much the same way as a refrigerator. Two coils (one inside and one outside) circulate a refrigerant that draws warmth from the outside air and transfers it into your home.
Why choose a heat pump / air conditioner ?
Healthy, safe and clean;
- No flames or hot elements to worry about, so there is no risk of fire or burns and can be safely left on when you are out, asleep or around children
- Produces no smoke or ashes or other carbon-producing waste material
- Filters in the units clean the air of Irritants and pollutants
Efficient and environmentally friendly;
- 4.5kw to 5kw output for every 1kw input, that’s more efficient than any other source of heating
- Using our mostly renewable electricity from the national grid makes this form of heating the most environmentally friendly option
- The refrigeration technology used has been evolving and maturing since its inception over 100 years ago
- Refrigerants that are now used are all compliant with ozone-reducing protocols